SV: SV: SV [AMPS] Tetrode Amp Help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: SV: SV [AMPS] Tetrode Amp Help
From: w5pvr@earthlink.net (Robert Kirkland)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:03:30 -0600
All hands,
First off, Larry I didn't make any comment about receivers intentionally. A
part of someone else's comments xmitted with mine. A partial double, I will
have to watch it closer. And when Hans mentioned the Super Cathode amp my
comment was "that will stir the pot" well,of course acct the tetrode screen
in that amp is usually grounded and as the screen
voltage, in this case, is furnished by rectified drive it is anything but
regulated. This discussion started about screen regulation when I commented
about the Collins 30S-1. I think we will all admit, and I do also, that a
tetrode screen needs regulation. Now the question is "how much"?. Will 2% 5%
or 10% keep the imod down?. Interesting.
Bob,w5pvr