[AMPS] GS35b horizontal mount

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] GS35b horizontal mount
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:45:01 +0000
Classe Bergman wrote:
>    Hello !
>    ?
>    I am planning to use a Russian GS35b tube in an amplifier project.
>    I have not found any info if it is OK to mount the tube horizontal.
>    Anyone out there who knows anyting about this ?
>    I have seen 8877's mounted horizontally in some amplifiers pictures
>    but really dont know if it's OK for that kind of tubes.
>    I have a old PA chassie that will house the GS35b nicley but only
>    if I mount the tube laying horizontal.

Electrically, the tube is happy to operate horizontal.

The only slight difficulty is that the weight of the big copper anode
cooler tends to pull the tube out of an ordinary finger-stock socket.
You should either support the weight of the anode cooler, or machine a
clamp to grip the grid ring.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek