[AMPS] Re: Norm's circa early 80's Circuit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Norm's circa early 80's Circuit
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skip s isaham)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 03:07:48 -0800
[snip]
:Norm's amplifier was published on page 157 of the New Side band
Handbook,
:published by Cowan Publishing Corp. in 1966 (6th printing) and written
by
:W6TNS.  The circuit was designed by Norm Roller, W6EDD.  It uses
excitation
:to provide screen voltage through a clamp tube....

I'm happy to see the original article source location. When I first spoke
to Norm about his amplifier (about 1980) he had discarded the clamp tube
for a solid state circuit. The paper work I have is of the solid state
retrofit.

I'd love to see a copy of it...

Some time after I received the photocopy of his solid state circuit, I
asked Norm for a copy of his tube circuit... he mentioned it had long
before been discarded. We spoke many times about his various circuits
tested in the amplifier, one attempt included daf type control.

cheers
skipp
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.