Fwd: [AMPS] Titan 425 Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: [AMPS] Titan 425 Question
From: W7lr@aol.com (W7lr@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:35:38 EST

--part1_0.3bf04cc1.25a18f2a_boundary

A 425 in MT.

--part1_0.3bf04cc1.25a18f2a_boundary

From: W7lr@aol.com
Full-name: W7lr
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:32:57 EST
Subject: Re: [AMPS] Titan 425 Question
To: ve5sf@sk.sympatico.ca

Hi Sam. I use a 425 hours a day.  It is very sensitive to grid overdrive, and
I drive mine from a TS850.  If I change the drive level just a tiny bit I get
the "red light", but back it off and things are ok.  Actually most of the
time I use only a few grid mils to the 425 and it puts out full output.  I've
had very few problems - some blown power supply diodes, and an arced resistor
near the blower, but in general purs along in fine style.  Sure like it.  My
ts850 output must sag during a long qso and if I wanted full output would
have to tweak it up a bit - then if I do that it may light the red light
after a cool down period.  Dont think it is really a problem however.  73 Bob
W7LR

--part1_0.3bf04cc1.25a18f2a_boundary--