[AMPS] Dentron Super Tuner

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron Super Tuner
From: Ku7i@worldnet.att.net (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 05:13:51 -0800
The Dentron Super Tuner uses (if I remember correctly) 3500 volt spaced
bread slicers. It uses a tapped coil. I have had several of these and they
are good for around 600 or 700 watts. They are compact. The coil tap switch
is marginal and WILL arc if matching an antenna that is far enough off
resonance, even with only 500 watts.

The better tuner from Denny's Place is the MT-2000 or MT-3000. They use nice
quality 4500 volt bread slicers, a CentraLab JV-9000 17 position ceramic
switch and a nice large air wound coil. They also have a tuner bypass switch
which is nice to have, especially if you are using your 160 meter inverted L
to listen to Sinatra on KPOP AM 1360 in the evenings. The MT-3000 is the
same as the 2000 except it has metering and an ant select switch and 300
watt dummy load (fused).

Another workhorse is the Swan ST-1. No frills. Not even a tuner bypass
switch. Just two 4500 volt bread slicers, same switch as the big Dentrons,
and a 4:1 balun. I use the ST-1 to match my 160 INV-L on all bands.

GL with the purchase.

Lane
Ku7i