[AMPS] Re:50MHz Amp Details - Thanks!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:50MHz Amp Details - Thanks!
From: psmeaton@globalnet.co.uk (psmeaton@globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 19:45:21 +0000
Gentlemen,

Thank you to everyone who helped me out. I'll see if I can muster a copy of
the 1975 and 1978 ARRL Manuals as this seems a good place to start as well
as the Net, possibly.

The only reason I've been thinking of a dual 4CX250B amplifier is;

1.  I've got a number of 250B's in the junk box, along with some VHF bases
and associated bits to make a basic PSU.

2.  I've got some (but limited) knowledge and experience of the tube.

3.  I'm finding it awkward to locate a UK source for the Russian tubes. A
GS35b would be great - if only I could find one (or two) to buy!! I'm a bit
wary of sending or wiring money off into the ether......

Anyway, thanks again everyone - very kind of you!

Regards,

Phil