[AMPS] Simplified Approach To Power Measurement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Simplified Approach To Power Measurement
From: sm2cew@telia.com (Peter Sundberg)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:53:27 +0100
At 02:15 2000-01-15 +0000, W7IUV wrote:
>Around here, power measurement is somewhat less subtle:
>
>If no one complains, power out is too low.
>
>If there are so many complaints that the FCC takes notice, power out *may*
>be too high.
>
>73,
>Larry - W7IUV

Larry,

To me this indicates that you equal high power with having a poor signal, =
bad IMD. People can be LOUD and sound very good too you know.... if the amp
is designed for the job and the exciter is good.
If someone is 20 db louder than he would be if running his legal 1500W
should not matter very much if things are set up properly. It is like
putting up a big array with 20 db gain.
What are your references ?

/Peter SM2CEW