[AMPS] your sb-220 mod

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] your sb-220 mod
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:02:08 -0500
At 11:09 PM 1/17/2000 -0800, Skipp wrote:

>Sounds more like your meter is telling the wrong story...
>More formal test equipment might be in order.

Could be, but I don't have access to anything better.  It does seem odd
that this is happening on only one band, in the middle of the operating
frequency range, if that's the reason.

Any comments on another hypothesis?  I want to check the operating bias
voltage, because it occurs to me that I could have RFI affecting the
electronic bias switch, such that I'm actually biasing the amp into a
different operating mode with higher efficiency.

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the World Contest Station Database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm