[AMPS] Input power question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Input power question
From: kpevin@mediaone.net (Kevin Polchan)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:34:07 -0600
Hi Mike,

Both auto tuners are off, but in playing around I put a 10' RG-8X jumper
between the radio and amp instead of the 6' 9913 jumper an interesing enough
the SWR dropped to flat, but now the Icom needs 75W to get 1500 out and now
the Yaesu needs 60.  OK, I am going to give up now - 3cx800's arent cheap
and I think the time will be more well spent on the air instead of the dummy
load, hi hi.  I guess I should be satisfied it has full output and a low
input SWR....

73,
Kevin