[AMPS] Output power question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Output power question
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 05:48:07 PST
After reading the info on "Input power question", it got me thinking about
my output power problem. When I first installed my Acom 2000A on the desktop
it performed very well including full output on the top end of 40m even
though the swr was >2.5. When I moved the amp to the basement so that only
the RCU is in the shack I still had the same output on all bands except the
high end of 40m. I could only get 600 w out. What changed was the length of
coax between the amp and the coax line to the remote coax switch. I had used
the same coax between the amp and the transceiver. I added 10' of coax on
the output of the amp and I am getting more power out now on the high end of
40m.
One of the others who bought the Acom discovered the same situation and
solved it the same way.

By the way, the Acom works great!

>>>Tony,

>>>Isn't that comment an oxymoron?  If it isn't working with a decent input
>>>and output at 40 meters, it isn't working great?

>>>That would be like a car that got 100 miles to the gallon at 125 miles an
>>>hour, but only got 4 miles to the gallon at 70?

>>>Toll Free

Tnx
Tony