R: [AMPS] Smallest practical 1.5KW 20uH coil

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: [AMPS] Smallest practical 1.5KW 20uH coil
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:38:18 +0100
One or two "flat" roller inductor coils, in the form of a concentrical
spiral made with a silver plated copper belt, were a common solution in
medium power (up to 10 Kw) 2-30 Mhz HF commercial amplifiers (Collins &
others).
A 20 uh fixed, home made version of this coil type, moreover for a 160m use,
hasn't big requirements than a reasonable space in two dimensions and do not
has a potentially saturable core to deal with.

73,
Mauri I4JMY