[AMPS] Amp relay kickstart...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amp relay kickstart...
From: w2ge@home.com (Phil Levin W2GE)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:32:17 -0500

I was informed about a little circuit that gives the Ameritron AL-1200
relay (probably other amps, too...  AL-1500, AL-82 etc.) a faster
closure time.  I don't use QSK and the standard relay in the AL-1200 is
heavy duty but a little slow.  This little circuit uses 2 1N4004 diodes,
a TIP47 NPN power transistor (I used a TIP48) and a 47uf 16 to 25 volt
electrolytic.  Very simple, capacitor gets charged through the diodes
from the 12 volts present in the keying line and keys the amp relay with
authority!

 Credit goes to Tony Brock-FIsher, K1RY of the YCCC (I'll try not to
hold that against him).  Here's a link to a site where you can see the
circuit.  He doesn't show it on that circuit but I used a 1K resistor
from the base of the TIP device to ground.  Anyway, it works.

  de Phil W2GE

http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/radios-amps.shtml

Look for Al-1200 keying relay.