[AMPS] 4CX1000 Socket

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX1000 Socket
From: fisher@pldi.net (Fisher)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:07:14 -0000
Am considering bidding on a tube socket on eBay - it is described as an
Eimac Y-511.  Can someone give me some info on that part number?  I can't
find any reference to it on the web nor in my Varian Power Grid Tube
Catalog.  It looks to me like the 4CX1000A and the 4CX1000K must require
slightly different sockets - if so, is the Y-511 for an A or K - or what?

Thanks in advance,

Lu K5YP

PS - It sure has gotten quiet (boring, that is) here lately.  Every time I
check my email, there are few or zero Amps messages.  And I must admit that
in my relatively short time as a member of this group I have gotten to where
I look forward to reading them all - nearly all, anyway - once in a while a
thread will get started that doesn't interest me - but I usually check out
the messages in them anyway.