SV: [AMPS] RE: ALC

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] RE: ALC
From: sm5ki@algonet.se (sm5ki)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:44:22 +0000
You do not need ALC with some of the latest rigs as driver. If a linear
needs,say, 50 watts  you just program the output to 50 watts in the menu and
thats it. Any comments?

But, there is another problem: how is the relationship beetween peak output
power to spuriouses and noise sideband affected? When you reduce power? This
may not be a problem on short wave but on the higher VHF/UHF bands with
often many stations/ square mile with high radiated power ( high beam gains
) and much more sensitive receivers?

de Hans /SM5KI