[AMPS] 4CX-800s vs 4CX1600s

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX-800s vs 4CX1600s
From: kc4slk@csrlink.net (Mike Sawyer)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:27:34 -0500
Bob,
    I'm sure George will eventually read this. The last time I contacted
George there was some now-forgotten thread being dragged out ( as is usual
the case here), and I in passing, asked him about the 4CX1600B amp that he
constructed as per the Tech Bulletin from Svetlana's website. He said that
the amp is trucking along just fine and has not had any problems with it to
date. I was going to homebrew an amp using one of the popular ceramic style
tubes. The economy of the 4CX1600B made it a pretty good candidate. I then
became a recipient of an RF deck for a pair of 813's and a 4-1000 hulk that
was "modified" to the point of having to be stripped and started over.
    Having said that, I haven't heard anything bad about the 4CX1600B other
than the delivery by Svetlana USA.
    Did I make the issue clear as mud?? (HI,HI)
    73,
Mike(y)
W3SLK