[AMPS] RE: N-Connectors - Thanks for the Replies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE: N-Connectors - Thanks for the Replies
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:41:23 +0100

It doesn´t matter what connector you use, N C HN
7/16 UHF or whatever, if you only tape the joint
with electrical tabe water will get in, or no tape at
all will not work either ofcourse.
You must use the rubber vulc tape stuff, that is
first electrical tape then rubber vulc then electrical
tape on top, tat joint you can sink down in water
and it will be ok.
I´ve hade so many coax connector joints to fail due
to water getting in so its incredible, main reason is
I´m too lazy to use vulc tape, ofcourse I then have
to spend hours and hours replacing black burnt up
connectors, they just fry you know if water gets in
(wounder why, hi).

73, Jim SM2EKM