[AMPS] Re: Poor science

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Poor science
From: Carl Clawson" <ws7l@arrl.net (Carl Clawson)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 23:00:32 -0800

> > You then go on to say:
> >
> > > Too true.  Too bad some people don't understand the laws of physics.
> >
> > There is no law of physics that forbids the behavior described.
> >
> > I'm a physicist; I would know.
>
> Then you better read Richard Measures claims.
etc, etc, etc.

Non sequitur. I said nothing about Rich's claims. My criticizing his critics
doesn't mean that I'm defending him or agreeing with him. He doesn't need my
help anyway.

I reiterate:

It is possible for a circuit to be stable under thermal voltages or other
small excitations and yet go into sustained oscillation following receipt of
a sufficiently large and/or sufficiently well-timed transient excitation.

I'll come up an example or two if you'd like.

Respectfully submitted,
Carl WS7L