Fw: Fw: [AMPS] SSB interference

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: Fw: [AMPS] SSB interference
From: rbigg@pcola.gulf.net (rb)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:33:53 -0600
Tom--excellent solutions and answers to a ways and means I have been seeking
now for awhile of a practical way to get a fairly high degree of assurance
of my outgoing signal quality without having to ask others.  Asking others
is certainly better than not caring at all, but why should we have to?  Your
way is practical, too.  This technique should be of interest to quite a few
hams who would like a reasonably simple way of determining if their SSB rig
is behaving properly.

I have no doubt that a number of the bad signals reported by Peter and
others of activity last weekend were from ops who were uncaring, at best, or
who deliberately cranked it up.  We'll always have that element.  By using
your method, though, the rest now have a way to avoid having a bad signal
out there.
Thanks for sharing this.

73 Ron, K5BDJ