[AMPS] Proper tuned input adjustment procedure

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Proper tuned input adjustment procedure
From: apight@pa.net (a.p.)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:34:40 -0500
An SB-200 can be an absolute bear to tame in the input SWR region. There is
more at issue here than just the input tuned circuits (which by the way are Q
deficient - Mr. Measures will no doubt clue you on this. . . .). Check the
capacitors that are grounding the grid. . .does it look like they have too
much lead length?. . .They do. . .also look at the value. . .not enough. . .I
replaced them with a pair (at each point) of .01 1KV disks. This combined with
a variable cap across the 10 and 15M coils got a particularly nasty SB-200 to
put out full power and be driven with a cranky solid state rig. I also
"neutralized" it with a brass rod and a couple of wraps around the fil choke.
That seemed to stabilize it in 10M but I am not really sure . . .the dip was
better and power out coincided better with it. . .
Art