[AMPS] Dentron MLA 2500 Amplifier?++

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dentron MLA 2500 Amplifier?++
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:47:52 -0600
> I've never really understood why the 8877 and 3CX800 are so much more
> popular than the 3CX1200, given its instant-on characteristics and rugged
> grid.  Maybe some amp builders can explain what's off-putting about this
> tube.
>
> 73, Pete Smith N4ZR

3CX800...fairly cheap.
8877.....nearly every hospital in the country has several 8877's in use that
            are usually "time changed." Nearly every transistor manufacturer
            in the country have complete 8877 RF generators that are perodically
            sold off in like-new condition by the pound; usually with a new tube
            and/or spares included. This is partially how I make a living; I
have
            bought/sold/converted  30-40 plasma generators in the last 4-5
years.

IMHO, the 8877 is the 813 of the 21st century; at least until MRI machines go
solid-state!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC