[AMPS] Re: Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Re: New G2DAF amplifier information
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:49:11 +0100

Guys,

Can´t we just let Norm and W6CHR rest in peace. What they
did is not relevant nor interesting any more. What they did
obviously didn´t work so just leave it alone. Now in this modern
age and time called year 2000 there are G2DAF designs on the
air that doesn´t splatter, i e have normal bandwith for a SSB
signal, surely that must be much more interesting then what
a coupple guys did years and years ago that didn´t work right.
Yes during the last DX contest I´ve heard lots and lots of bad signals
on the band as I´ve stated before. I also gave an example how
I personaly did operate my rig (FT1000D + 4-1000A GG) in sutch
a way that I had excessive bandwith (i e splatter slightly) without
really sounding bad on the center frequency but 3.5 kHz on the side
I was 8 dB stronger then I needed to be due too much drive level
(ALC compression as a result) and compression level. So you see
it is possible to make errors but on the contrary from lots of others
I did learn from my misstakes. I have a saying that goes, You are not
stupid if you make misstakes but if you dont learn from your misstake
then you are stupid for sure.

73, Jim SM2EKM