[AMPS] Re: Mission Impossible

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Mission Impossible
From: RichyRusso@aol.com (RichyRusso@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:06:36 EST
In a message dated 3/6/00 11:34:25 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
writes:

<<
      Good somebofy did bring this up. At first I couldn´t beleive
      what was going on and had to call a coupple of friends to
      check if they did see the same, it was abslutley dreadful.
      I tried to tell a few but ofcourse nobody wanted to take
      notice. Many many big prominent stations did sound just
      awful with big distortion and ecessive bandwith, if you
      like I could name a bunch of callsigns but I don´t think
      those guys read this reflector, maybe the contest one.

      de Jim SM2EKM >>

    If you suspect interference from stations using amps, try dropping the
NB, I noticed when mobile with my FT100 if I drop the superb NB blanker from
the circuit the bleedover from adjacent stations drops some. I do notice
quite a few stations running dirty but a majority of stations can cause
"artificial interference" which is induced in your rig. Some radios suffer
from quite a few design flaws which would lead one to believe that its just a
dirty station on the band.. Quite often the AGC,NB, filters suffer from the
effects of overloading the front end of many radios.
   Regards  Richy