[AMPS] The G2DAF Amplifier; Intents and Purposes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] The G2DAF Amplifier; Intents and Purposes
From: rfamps@ic24.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:40:23 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: measures <2@vc.net>
To: Phil Clements <philk5pc@tyler.net>; Steve Thompson <rfamps@ic24.net>;
AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Date: 26 March 2000 19:39
Subject: Re: [AMPS] The G2DAF Amplifier; Intents and Purposes

snip

>I realize that it sounds off the wall, but I am beginning to suspect that
>some of the true-believers may have had trouble with an authority figure
>during their early childhoods.  For some, the 3/2-Power Law seemingly
>sticks in their craw.

According to the equation in 'Care and Feeding', if you keep the screen
voltage constant and ignore the anode term (like Eimac says you can), then
Ia is proportional to Vg^3/2. Does this application of the 3/2 law produce
non-linear amplification?

>I also suspect that some of the professed True-believers are covertly
>seeking attention.

Don't confuse an open and enquiring mind with attention seeking.

I'm told that they best training for attention seeking is to ignore it.

Steve