[AMPS] Tuned input question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned input question
From: kpevin@mediaone.net (Kevin Polchan)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:08:13 -0600
Hi All,

I recently aquired a nice dentron mla-2500 that has been converted to a
single 3cx800a7 (and did it VERY nicely).  Great little amp but when I
bought it I forgot these dentrons do not have a tuned input.  Even without
any input circuit at all some bands have less the a 1.5 SWR on the input
side, the ones that dont are easily tuned by the radio's auto tuner.  Is it
OK to do this?  I know dentron used to sell a little box that went inline
with a switched tuned input and some people have mentioned they seen a tuned
input circuit in one of the magazines that doesnt need to be switched.

Just curious on some thoughts on the subject.  This was discussed before I
remember but I dont think anyone agreed on a clear conclusion.

73,
Kevin
KB9UPV