[AMPS] Emtron DX1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Emtron DX1
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:40:55 +0100
Rich says:

>note -- High-pressure centrifugal blowers have relatively narrow, large
>diameter squirrel-cages that operate at c. 3400 rpm.

Unfortunately, they are also noisy. Quiet blowers producing lots of air flow
have large wheels, go slowly, but don't necessarily work well under the back
pressure requirements (I guess if it was big enough, it might be OK) - and Rich
has highlighted the fact that you will have a lot of back pressure. The idea of
a remote big blower is probably the best for quietness but it will need to be
big to get over the losses in the duct work.

Maybe amps with radiation cooled glass tubes and modest air flow requirements
have advantages if you live at high altitude, although it's not something that
I've ever had to consider.

73

Peter G3RZP