[AMPS] SB-200 more strange stuff

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-200 more strange stuff
From: w2imf@worldnet.att.net (Stephen Goldberg)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:57:00 -0400
I'm back with another weird question.

I find that on 10 Meters my SB-200 talks back to me.  It repeats what I say
as I say it.  It sounds just like loose laminations in the modulation
transformer of an old AM transmitter.

What can be the cause of this and is it an indication of any serious
problem?

As an afterthought, the input match on 10 Meters is terrible.  I've been
able to get the input SWR down to a bit over 3:1 by replacing the fixed cap
with an adjustable ceramic trimmer.  I would like a better match.  Adjusting
the coil slug makes no difference.  I've searched AMPS archives and no one,
it seems, has come up with a satisfactory solution other than using an
antenna matching unit between the exciter and the amp.  There MUST be a
better way.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Steve W2IMF