[AMPS] Power Rectifiers as RF Switches

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Power Rectifiers as RF Switches
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 06:05:30 -0700
It is obvious that there is a lot of interest in the use of power diodes
for RF switching. It is 5:45 am and I have 15 requests for the jpegs so
far. Fortunately, Skip May, WV6F asked for a copy and has volunteered to
put them on the sonic server at UC Davis. I am sending him the jpegs to
do that.
  Let me state here that I have not tried the circuit and cannot
guarantee that you will not smoke your transceiver. I am confident of
K5CX skills and would try it with no hesitation. I would probably use my
scope to see how much R.F. gets thru to the xcvr input terminals
(replaced with a 50 ohm resistor). I might even run it into the
terminals of an external Palomar pre amp for safety (set for low gain so
as to not decrease the dynamic range of my xcvr.
  Thanks to Skip for stepping forward to help and I hope to hear from
those who try the circuit. 73, Dan, N5AR