[AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] " Kein Rauch ohne Feuer ...."
From: N6BUU@aol.com (N6BUU@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:10:42 EDT
In a message dated 06/23/2000 06:55:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
philk5pc@tyler.net writes:

<<
 No, unfortunately, the AL-1500 does cover 160 meters; unlike the SB-220.
 There is ony one 1000pf bypass cap. at the base of the plate choke.There
 is only one plate choke, with several windings spaced about the form. It
 would be interesting to look at the 160 meter RF getting into the filter cap.
 bank, and even the A.C. line. I don't have access to an AL-1500 here, nor
 a scope. >>

i notice my 20 year old alpha has two 15 microhenry plt chokes in series and
uses 4 .002 bypass caps.  plt voltage is 2kv.  i wonder how much RF an
electrolytic cap can handle before their life expectancy is compromised?
 hank