[AMPS] Here are the results . . .

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Here are the results . . .
From: falk@investusa.net (Kenneth C. Falk, CCIM)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:05:06 -0400
. . . . of my cigarette smoke inquiry.  Credits are not included to protect
the guilty!

HOW TO REMOVE CIGARETTE RESIDUE FROM YOUR RADIO EQUIPMENT.

1)  Windex Window Cleaner, with ammonia, is the most popular.  It is said to
not leave any residue.

2)  Simple Green is popular ( a grocery store product).  But one person
mentioned that it does leave a residue that attracts dust.

3)  WD-40, used with Simple Green.  It seems that WD-40, by nature of its
properties, would leave a residue that would heat-up and burn in the right
environment.

4)  A product called "Oil-Flo) will nearly dissolve the cigarrete residue in
anything.  Care should be used as it will dissolve adhesive.  After using
it, wash the surface with water.

5)  Miller and Stephenson used to make a spray solvent called TP-35 that
dissolved tar from tobacco smoke.  It may be a blend of isopropanol and
freon TF.

6)  Wash or spray with 1 part ammonia with 4 parts water.

Thank you to all who have sent me the above suggestions.

73's
Ken Falk
AB4JB