[AMPS] Transformer Winding Phase, Thanks To All

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Transformer Winding Phase, Thanks To All
From: UNCRICHIE7@aol.com (UNCRICHIE7@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:06:12 EDT
Thanks, I used all the information provided. I used a low voltage transformer
to the HV secondary (with small fuse inline). Found out all I needed to know.
Then I used the same small voltage transformer hooked to the primary.
Everything worked out fine. I did blow several small fuses during the initial
testing, however this protected everything. I liked the lightbulb idea that
was mentioned, this would have saved the use of the fuses. At the bitter end
I applied both 120V to the parallel and then 240V to the series windings.
What a surprise everything worked. Another failsafe that I used was a
momentary push switch to apply the power, just in case it really got out of
hand. I also used the one hand method and my favorite 1" rubber floor mat.
Thanks again.    Kurt...