[AMPS] Alpha 99

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha 99
From: jimheath@foothill.net (Jim)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:39:25 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C00F95.572414A0

I just got my new Alpha 99 two weeks ago.  I have noticed two potential =
problems.

The second led on the tune bar lights after a few seconds when the amp =
is in the standbye mode.  The Alpha 86 I had never did that.  At first I =
dismissed the LED as a simple adjustment of some type.  But now I have =
also noticed that the output drops two to three hundred watts when I =
have it keyed for a few seconds at 1500 watts into a dummy or a beam. It =
appears to do that on all bands.  Seems to me that it could have a bad =
tube.

Any suggestions?  I waited over two months for this thing to arrive.  =
Now I am wondering if it was really tested before it was shipped.  The =
drop in output is easy to see on the LED bar and on my watt meters.

73, Jim KB6SX

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C00F95.572414A0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I just got my new Alpha 99 two weeks ago.&nbsp; I have noticed two=20
potential problems.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The second led on the tune bar lights after a few seconds when the =
amp is=20
in the standbye mode.&nbsp; The Alpha 86 I had never did that.&nbsp; At =
first I=20
dismissed the LED&nbsp;as a simple adjustment of some type.&nbsp; But =
now I have=20
also noticed that the output drops two to three hundred watts when I =
have it=20
keyed for a few seconds at 1500 watts into a dummy or a beam. =
It&nbsp;appears to=20
do that on all bands.&nbsp; Seems to me that it could have a bad =
tube.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any suggestions?&nbsp; I waited over two months for this thing to=20
arrive.&nbsp; Now I am wondering if it was really tested before it was=20
shipped.&nbsp; The drop in output is easy to see on the LED bar and on =
my watt=20
meters.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>73, Jim KB6SX</DIV>