[AMPS] Opinions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Opinions
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:33:38 +0000
At 10:16 AM 9/1/00 EDT, HAMKE4WY@aol.com wrote:

>I would like opinions or suggestions on some of the most popular legal
limits amps. Also any faults you may know of with the brands I mention,
contruction, tube disadvantages, switching, transformers, etc.  I have from
time to time asked opinions personally from a couple of the people here who
appear to be most knowledgeable but it seems like they only want to
verbally fight back and forth for the most part on this board instead of
passing along some good knowledge concerning Amps to interested people.
Here is my list ...

Jim, instead of reinventing the wheel why not first go to
www.contesting.com and exploit contesting.com's list search, using those
model numbers as search terms?  You'll get ALL references since the
beginning of recorded reflector time.  Alternatively, use Amps and the
model number, and you'll get only Amps references.  Then you can come back
to the group for any clarification you need.

There has been a lot of good info on the cq-contest reflector in addition
to Amps.

Good hunting.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database