[AMPS] SB1000 HELP!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB1000 HELP!
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:47:05 -0700

>> The contacts in question have no really sharp points and they have a
>> measured breakdown potential of c. 5kV.    I have spoken with a number of
>> SB-1000 owners whose bandswitch continued to arc with the Rauchian
>> anti-corona kit. On the test bench, I have not been able to generate much
>> corona with under 8kV.
>
>It never fails to amaze me how your data always disagrees with
>everyone else's data.

The corona kit reportedly did not work for someSB-1000 owners.  My guess
is that the SB-1000s were intermittently oscillating c. 155MHz.
(bandswitch photos on my Website)  Since you were the discoverer of the
nearby Tune-C resonance that explains the phenomena of intermittent
arcing in AL-80 and SB-1000s, why have you stonewalled the issue?  The
writing Is on the wall, Mr Rauch.

>Now for a question.
>
>If the breakdown voltage of that contact is ~5kV, how do
>"parasitics" manage to generate that voltage when fundamental
>frequency RF energy can not?

The Tune-C is usually resonant in the VHF range.  At frequencies just
above and just below these frequencies, the Tune-C becomes an unloaded
L-network that steps up Z and V.  During the Grate Parasitics Debate, I
introduced an L/C network that would step 120v, 60Hz up to over 11,000v,
Would anyone like to guess what Mr. Rauch had to say about this.?

>Can you explain why a parasitic can make things arc, when other
>frequencies can not?

The anode-resonance is just above or just below a series resonance in the
Tune-C.
-  congrats on your contribution to this discovery, Mr. Rauch.

end