[AMPS] Problem with SB-220 Bias Diodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Problem with SB-220 Bias Diodes
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 04:35:06 -0700

>Hi Rich,
>
>You constant habit of weaving personal attacks into technical
>discussions ruins any hope of a meaningful conversation.

Pointing to your practice of tossing things off is hardly a personal
matter.  You do it.  I point.

>happy to get into technical details on how anything works, but
>engaging in an insult-trading thread is nonproductive.

So pull the plug before I publish the autopsy photos of tubes that came
from an AL-1500.  The writing is on the wall, Tom.  A lot of guys have
lost tubes in this amplifier.  Your attempts to pass the buck to Eimac
are a laugher.    Your constant denials are another.

>I really have nothing else to add, except measuring the tube in a
>text fixture (using the actual circuit values) or the actual unit for
>feedthrough loss is the only way to determine the effects of grid
>impedance on "shielding" inside the tube.

Numbers don't matter when the suppressors in a SB-220 intermittently burn
up on the 40m band.  Given such evidence, virtually any bozo knows that a
VHF parasite is in the neighborhood.

>I still offer to send you a plot taken with a network analyzer
>showing this effect. It would be most educational for people trying
>to learn what really goes on inside a GG amplifier, and what
>causes instability.

It seems a bit odd for the teacher to be a guy who doesn't understand
scientific notation, who does not understand algebraic notation, who
never took a Physics of Electricity course, who has little understanding
of thermodynamics, and who claims that AC Circuit Analysis is not valid
for parasitic suppressors.

Why did you cancel your 28-November post and then refuse to discuss it?

Cheers, Tom

end