[AMPS] 30-S1 Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 30-S1 Question
From: bipi@att.net (Leigh)
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:03:04 -0700
>  I have a weak memory that people used to put another
>  tube instead of the 4CX1000 in the 30-S1, can someone
>  refresh my memory.

4CX1500B...has a little more screen and grid dissipation
capability.

>  How much power can then a 30-S1 put out, original and/or
>  modified.

Stock, they put out about 1000-1200 watts.  If the screen
voltage is increased to 325V, they put out 1500 watts no
problemo.  This can be accomplished using a 115V isolation
xmfr run in series with the screen secondary on the plate
xmfr.  Need to change the screen filter cap to higher
voltage rating to.  The tube runs much more efficiently
(cooler) and will get longer life with this modification.

73 de Mike
K7PI (ex WA7BPI)
dit dit