[AMPS] NCL-2000 question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] NCL-2000 question
From: stutz-jim@netdot.com (Jim Stutzman)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 02:51:42 -0500
Steve,

I also am an NCL-200 owner. I have changed out the power supply caps (80mfd)
for new 100 mfd units from Mouser, I would suggest you do that change also.
The new caps are a tad bit larger in diameter but with a little savy, I
think you will also be able to make them fit. If the bandswitch is of old
vintage be careful of arc-over around the tank components. BTW, do you have
a manual for these units? If not, I will work with you so you can get a copy
from me. The set-up is verbose but critical to prevent excessive screen
current on the 8122's and also to keep grid current in check. If you have a
manual, a note to add ... run with about 10ma screen current in cw tune.
Also Do NOT tune key down in SSB mode. Carl KM1H in Pelham NH, was involved
in the design of this amp and has many great suggestions but currently is
recovering from a severe accident and says he will be down for a few more
weeks. He has some repair parts on hand but the supply is dwindling down
fast. Also, use your mic gain to control output, too much gain will cause
serious splatter.

Good luck!
Jim S. KM5RY