[AMPS] A good example

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] A good example
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:51:19 -0700

>Here's a good example of what drags this out so long:
>
>Subject:               RE: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
>Date sent:             Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:34:10 -0700
>From:                  measures <2@vc.net>
>To:                    "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
>

>> >    My electronics instructor used to say often the problems with a
>> >    circuit
>> >is the component you can't see. Especially with RF circuits.
>> >
>> Amen to that, Bill.  Who would ever have guessed that there is a
>> Z-step-up L-network hidden inside the Tune-C in a 922?
>
>Well, there ISN'T a "Z-step-up L-Network" hidden in the tuning cap
>of a TL-922 that I'm aware of.

perhaps

>I measured a tuning cap for the AL-80A, and found the impedance
>crossed nearly zero in a smooth curve at upper VHF/lower UHF,
>and Rich tried to change that to a TL922 and make the impedance
>curve different!

What about the series-resonance you reportedly found below 200MHz?

>The reply Rich posted is an example why measurements won't
>solve this argument.

?  (Wes' measurements were embarrassments)

>I'm of the opinion this is a time-wasting
>exercise, because anything anyone measures will be modified by
>Rich to fit his needs, just like the measurements N7WS made.

? I quoted Wes' measurements accurately.  On the day that Wes published
his measurements, there was reportedly hours and hours of cryptic
diatribe on 1850KHz.

>N7WS made independent measurements, reached the same
>conclusion I had reached years earlier, and Rich modified the
>results.

?  Some men tell the truth and some don't.

>When that happens over and over again, it is impossible to
>resolve anything.

?  my guess is that yet another exit is about to occur.

end

end