[AMPS] TS-940S/AT Spur resolution

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TS-940S/AT Spur resolution
From: g.m.mcadams@worldnet.att.net (Gary McAdams)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:41:35 -0700
Sent this once, but not sure that it went through.
If it is a duplicate, please forgive me!

 Hello again fellows!

 Thanks to all that replied to my queries on my problems with the
 Kenwood TS-940S/AT.

 Thanks to the smart fellows on the reflector, I am happy to
 report that the apparent spur
 problem seems to be resolved.

 Thanks to Chuck W1HIS, Pete N4ZR, Jerry KR2AK and Peter G4RZP.
 They all had great suggestions.

 Tom W8JII, Mauri I4JMY,and Bob K4TAX all had the same idea, and
 it turned out to  be the winner. The origin of the spurs
continues to
 be a matter of debate, but simply changing the length of the
coax
 between the rig and tuner caused the problem to go away!

 Again, I respect the opinion of all the respondents and really
appreciate your thoughts.

 In the end the problem is solved and I'm in the pile-up right
now
 on HO1A on 28470khz

 Thanks guys!

 Now, if Don can solve my TL-922A problems, I'll be a very happy
 camper!

 73,
 Gary WG7X