[AMPS] vacuum variable capacitors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] vacuum variable capacitors
From: rbigg@pcola.gulf.net (rb)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:32:51 -0500
Concerning the Jennings UCSL-1000 series of vacuum variable capacitors:
some come configured with vertical pull tuning.  Others have shaft drives.
Upon closer examination, the shaft drive units appear to be conversion
vertical pull units, as the bell and shaft can be removed, and you are left
with a vertical pull unit.  Are all the UCSL-1000 series basically vertical
pull configuration?  If so, are conversion parts available from Jennings to
switch the units from vertical pull to shaft drive?  Just curious.  My only
contact and experience with vacuum variables has been recent, and I have two
different units,  both of which appear to be basically vertical pull, with
one converted to shaft drive.  Just seeking to increase my state of
knowledge.  Vacuum variables have been around for years, and so have I.
But, our paths have never converged until recently, for some reason.

73 de Ron, K5BDJ