[AMPS] Some tube questions...conversion to H2O cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Some tube questions...conversion to H2O cooling
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 03:42:09 -0700

To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: 20 September 2000 21:38
>Subject: Re: [AMPS] Some tube questions...conversion to H2O cooling
>

>>Yes, but at the same time, your also adding Cg. Which is usually minute with
>>one tube but begins to add up with several.
>>Mike(y)

 Even with only two tubes, ignoring Cg on 15m and 10m is not good
engineering practice because it typically results in too much SWR for an
exciter to deal with .  The solution is to tune out the grid reactance
with a small roller coil.  This way the input SWR will be virtually
perfect on all frequencies -- even if ten tubes are paralleled.

>For hf use, you could try a swamping resistor per pair, and then split the
>drive with wideband transformers.

For 4cx 250Bs, with c. 100w drive, a 12.5 ohm grid swamper and a 4 to 1
input transformer is about right.

later, Steve

To: <amps@contesting.com>