[AMPS] Siemens Power Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Siemens Power Tubes
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 12:21:24 -0600
Mike
Siemens grid tubes was acquired by the French Thomson company on July
3. The Berlin production line is moving to Thonon, France, not far
from Geneva.

The RS1026 triode didn't exist in my 1987 databook, but I found it in
a 1970 German language databook from Siemens. Also in a 1981 English
language databook from the same.

It is in the power generator section, for industrial applications:

Filament = 5 Volt @ 14.1 Amperes

mu=25

Transconductance = 5 mA/V @ 3 kV, 0.09 Amperes Ip

Ckg = 6.3 pf, Ckp=0.16 pf, Cgp=5 pf

Output power 1.06 kW < 50 MHz, 670 W < 100 MHz

Ep dc = 2700-3800

Ik max =  3A

Ig max = 75 mA

Pd = 350 W

Pg = 40 W

This tube appears identical to the Philips TB3/750 if you can locate
that datasheet. In that tube data, there is an application for using
a pair of them in class C for FM telephony at 100 MHz, and also a
class B AF modulator.

Also the obsolete Amperex 5867A might be a similar tube, if you can
find that data.

While the filament power is identical to the 3-400Z/8163 by
CPI/Eimac, the capacitances are slightly different and it is NOT a
zero bias triode like the 3-400Z. It will conduct about an Ampere of
Ip at 3 kV dc with zero bias on the grid, which will also toast the
tube quickly.

It could be a nice power oscillator, but I would use the 3-500Z for
an amplifier for SSB if you must use a glass tube.

73
John
K5PRO

At 11:51 PM -0400 9/25/00, owner-amps-digest@contesting.com (RF