[AMPS] Photograph of autopsied 8877 from AL-1500 amplifier.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Photograph of autopsied 8877 from AL-1500 amplifier.
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 04:59:16 -0700

>I'm looking but don't understand, yet.  I see uniform looking specks to the
>lower right of the tube, a few specks scattered and similar specks around
>the cut edge.  Where do I look to see the large vs small?

In the debris field.  There are not many saw cuttings.  More res. would
be better - but slower on download.

>Do you have a scanner?   If so, it makes a fairly good low power microscope
when cranked
>up to 1200x1200 resolution.  Maybe scanning  some of the debris would help.

This would require operating the scanner upside down.  //  Most of the
debris is gold melt balls.  They are uniform in diameter and similar to
baking  flour.  The original Photoshop image is over 3 million pixels, so
I decided to cut back on the resolution to reduce download time.  What I
needed was an electronic camera with a closer focus.

cheers