[AMPS] HA-10 Heath Warrior(Glitch Diodes)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HA-10 Heath Warrior(Glitch Diodes)
From: ko4nrbs@yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:17:16 -0700 (PDT)
I am still a novice when it comes to working on
amplifiers but am stubbornly foraging ahead by doing
all my own work(only way to learn I think).  I have a
question for you guys that know the circuity in this
amp.  My HA-10 Warrior is dear to me so I am taking
Mr. Measures advice and adding Glitch Diodes and have
already installed a Glitch Resistor.  I am hung up on
where to install the glitch diodes.  This amp has two
866A tubes as rectifiers and an oil filled capacitor
filter.  The negative side of the capacitor is at
chassis ground.  I realize this is a long shot without
you guys having a schematic to look at but where
should glitch diodes be installed on this circuit.
There is a copy of the schematic on Skip May's (WV6F)
web site.  In addition I installed the Glitch resistor
between Pin 4 of the 866a tubes and the 140 microhenry
choke.
73 and Thank You,
Bill Smith (Amp Technician Want-to-Be)