[AMPS] a sticky issue.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] a sticky issue.
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 21:52:28 -0500
> I can't imagine a capacitor being banged every half-cycle by
> thousands of volts of rectified AC suddenly having a problem with
> an additional dozen volts!

Amana capitalized years ago on the scientific principal that if you
subject liquids and solids to RF they will get hot. The power supply
components are running hot enough to start with. No use subjecting
them to a bit more. In addition, any RF that makes it to the wall
socket radiates all over the house doing strange things to modern-day
devices.

Been there; done that.....got the "T" shirt.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC