[AMPS] G2DAF Circuit

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] G2DAF Circuit
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Colin Lamb)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:25:29 -0700

Tom Said:

"You can find all sorts of things that aren't true on Web sites. Web sites
simply present the owner's personal opinion, presented without any form of
peer review.
For a good example of this, look at the Web sites touting the CFA antenna as
a breakthrough, and the Double Bazooka antenna as having gain over a
dipole."

The Swedish website cited reports on actuals tests made with spectrum
analyzer graphs and a statement of the type of equipment used.  In addition,
suggestions for further tests are solicited.  No claims are made and nothing
is being sold.  There ae no opinions.  It is simply a report of the tests
made to date and an invitation for further investigation.  Although the
graphs could be fraudulent, I do not see any evidence on the surface that
would lead me to that conclusion.  I would not sell my house to invest in a
"DAF" amplifier company, but that is not what I am asked to do.  Indeed, the
website is there to invite peer review.  Isn't that how scientific
investigation is supposed to work?

One of the justifications for amateur radio is experimentation.  So,
reviewing old ideas or considering new ideas is more interesting to me than
being an appliance operator.

 73,  Colin  K7FM