[AMPS] Re: TL-922 on 3.5 MHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: TL-922 on 3.5 MHz
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:16:46 -0800

>My TL-922 is not American version I believe (NOT TL-922A).
>
>1. The band switch has 1.8, 3.5, 7, 14, 21, 28 and all band is working in
>the stock  form. The problem I noticed is on the 3,5 Mhz. While the the
>phone band is 3.8 Mhz, I tuned the the AMP to work on 3.830. While the plate
>position in the max output power, it generate lots of distortion on SSB
>mode.

For linear operation, the tubes need a ZSAC of c. 75mA each.  For AØ
tuneup,  tune/load a TL-922  on the CW tap.

>When I turn down the plate (decreasing the power) the distortion
>disappear.

What did you do to "turn down the plate"?

>When I used it on 3.5 MHz this problem disappear!  Is it the
>problem of the AMP or the antenna (my dipole is resonant on 3.7-3.8)?
>
>2. Is is possible to use this amp on FM mode? For how long it is save to
>talk ? ( I always use FM mode when tuning this AMP)

Not long.    The HV transformer is good for maybe 500w DC continuous
input.  Key-down should not be used on the SSB position.

>3. On 10m, with 90 watts FM input, I read 900 Watts (on MFJ-989C meter) and
>700 watts on TL-929 meter. The Ip=600 mA, Ig=260mA, HV=2.1kV.
>The input Voltage is 217.8V and drop to 194V on key-down.
>Is it considered in the normal condition?
>
>4. In some countries, the AC plug has three pin (Line, Neutral, and Ground)
>which is always in fixed position. In my country, the plug can be insert in
>the wrong way (the Germany standard plug).

Why not purchase the Right plug and wire it  oorrectly. ?

cheers, Reinhard

end