[AMPS] Portable linear using a DAF?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Portable linear using a DAF?
From: doug@nc.rr.com (Doug Hall)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:34:08 -0500
On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:02:23 -0800, measures wrote:

>.... For those who try to dig QRP out of the static and ask for repeats
>of repeats, there is nothing fun about it.  Transmitting less power than
>is needed to communicate is  Rude.

Perhaps. Certainly a good operator should realize that he isn't making
it and crank up the power when necessary.

On the other hand, transmitting MORE power than is needed to
communicate is both rude *and* against the law. And the latter is a
far more common occurance than the former. It's easy to ignore the
piss-weak QRP stations if you want to. But the brainless alligator
good ole boy 4 or 5 kHz up the band who runs excessive power just so
he can be S9+50 with his other brainless alligator buddies is hard to
ignore.

So if there are going to be lids, I'd rather they be QRP lids.

Doug, KF4KL