[AMPS] FS Heathkit SB-1000 pickup central CA

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FS Heathkit SB-1000 pickup central CA
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 07:10:48 -0800
For sale, Heathkit SB-1000 amplifier.  It has a single 3-500Z, good for about
800 watts CW or 1000 watts PEP on SSB from 160 through 10 meters.

This amp has a vacuum relay t/r circuit added for fast, quiet QSK/VOX, a
step-start to protect the tube filaments, an AL80B plate RF choke (to allow
17-meter operation), and a glitch resistor added.  Appearance is 8 out of 10,
and it was in working condition when removed from sevice about 8 months ago.
It's strapped for 230v but can be set for 115v.

I want $450 for it.  I also have a pair of spare 3-500Z's, good pulls, which I
will sell for $50 each WITH THE AMP ONLY.

I do not think it can be safely shipped without removing the transformer, so I
must offer it for PICKUP ONLY in central California.  I'll meet a buyer anyplace
from Bakersfield to Modesto.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA