[AMPS] Henry 2-K

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 2-K
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:32:18 -0800
I have an opportunity to purchase a vintage Henry 2-K floor
model amp. Based upon some of the other Henry's that I have
seen this one looks to be pretty old. It has rounded meters,
and could easily be mistaken for  Collins equipment at first
glance. The circuit is 2 x 3-500Z's. The bandswitch is mounted
in the horizontal plane underneath the tank coil and is driven
via a right angle drive.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Is it a
good design? Any caveats I should know about? How
about 160 meters - the RF deck looks pretty spacious, has
anyone added 160 to this amp? How about WARC band
coverage?

Thanks,