[AMPS] Directional coupler design

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Directional coupler design
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:44:06 EST
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:25:28 -0700 "Dave D'Epagnier" <DAVED@ctilidar.com>
writes:

>Hello Amp'eres,
>Can anyone point me to a good reference on theory and design of
transformer
>type directional couplers for power sensing? In addition, I'm looking
for a
>good reference on how to wind inductors and transformers once the
desired
>inductance, turns ratio, core material etc. are determined and
>selected.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave
>K0QE

Hi Dave,
   You see those things all the time in amplifier articles and certainly
in the Orr Handbooks but, no one ever seems to credit a reference.

   I do know of a couple of old references, to what may be "original"
sources, which I've unfortunately never seen myself:

        1.  "An inside picture of directional wattmeters", W. Bruene, QST
April 1959, p.24
        2.  "In-Line RF Power Metering", D. DeMaw QST December 1969, p.11

73 & Happy Hunting,
   Marv  WC6W

*

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!